Job Standard for Athletic Ticket Services Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Ticket Services Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75274
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Responsible for the ticket office in the areas of incoming/outgoing customer service, supervision of employees, security and cash handling procedures, processing of season ticket orders and individual tickets transactions.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Critical thinking skills and ability to handle sensitive situations
60% of Time the Athletic Ticket Services Coordinator must:
- Builds season events in the ticketing system for designated sports. Renew events from one season to another and track changes from year to year to update the map.
- Works extensively with the Bronco Athletic Association and the public in selling ticket packages. Must maintain a thorough knowledge of all policies, NCAA rules, membership level, schedules, ticket packages and pricing.
- Utilizes database software to store, retrieve, compile and analyze data regarding season ticket holders. Summarizes event audits and payment journals in report format to respond to supervisory needs.
- Organizes all away and post season ticket sales, communication and mailings.
- Oversees the customer service training of all front line staff, including stewardship phone calls of current season ticket holders, former season ticket holders and single game ticket purchasers.
- Resolves customer complaints and problems regarding tickets sales and seating.
- Coordinates with all coaches the procedures and follows through on the recruit ticketing and high school coaches for all events in accordance with NCAA regulations. This involves collecting the data, making the list and informing the coaches regarding policy and procedure. Filing and maintaining up to date records.
35% of Time the Athletic Ticket Services Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Ticket Services Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.