Job Standard for Athletics Compliance Specialist, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletics Compliance Specialist, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75114
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Compliance
This position is responsible for planning, development, monitoring and implementation of procedures for maintaining compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the NCAA and compliance protocols. Experience with the NCAA
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills
60% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist, Senior must:
- Monitor, oversee and audit recruiting activity for Boise State University coaching staff, which includes monitoring and overseeing monthly recruiting calendars, recruiting contacts, recruiting evaluations and recruiting phone calls
- Oversee and monitor student-athlete awards
- Works with Student Services on Admissions, Eligibility, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and other similarly and related issues.
- Work with the FAR on eligibility matters pertaining to Boise State Athletics as well as producing the Daily Eligibility Report.
- Production of the student–athlete handbook, athletic staff recruiting manual and annual compliance team meetings and form completion.
- Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance in monitoring and evaluating academic eligibility.
- Assist the Assistant Director for Compliance with all aspects of NCAA rules compliance reporting and maintenance of all records and reports.
35% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist, Senior
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist, Senior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.