Job Standard for Athletics Compliance Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletics Compliance Specialist Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75635
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Compliance
Assists in NCAA and conference related matters. Maintains a thorough understanding of and keeps current with NCAA policies and legislative interpretations as they pertain to maintaining NCAA Division I status. Implements and ensures staff adherence to all conference policies as they pertain to membership in good standing. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate community, maintain a high level of communication skills and the ability to work well with many people
- Excellent research and writing skills
60% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist must:
- Monitor, oversee and audit recruiting activity for Boise State University coaching staff, which includes monitoring and overseeing monthly recruiting calendars, recruiting contacts, recruiting evaluations and recruiting phone calls
- Oversee student-athlete initial eligibility with the NCAA Clearinghouse and University.
- Tracks admissions progression of incoming student-athletes
- Manage, oversee and approve logs for countable athletically related activities (CARA Forms)
- Develop, manage and oversee Boise State’s athlete-agent program and will be responsible for registration of athlete agents with Boise State and will be responsible for tracking athlete-agent activity as it relates to Boise State student-athletes.
- Oversee and coordinate student-athlete on-campus housing.
- Oversee the management and organization of athletic department hotel allotments.
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director/ Finance with reviewing and routing athletic department hotel contracts through General Counsel for approval.
35% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Athletics Compliance Specialist, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.