Job Standard for Athletics Contract Management Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletics Contract Management Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75303
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position is responsible to oversee and manage the Athletic Department’s contract management system. This position will maintain integration and communication with the department, vendors and campus personnel. Also manages, coordinates and assists in negotiation of trade/sponsor/vendor agreements. Oversees the approval functions of the institutional camps and clinics proposals and advertising/ registration materials.
Oversees through subordinate Managers a large, complex organization with multiple functional disciplines/occupations, OR manages a program, regardless of size, that has critical impact upon the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years relevant experience including 5 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong experience and knowledge of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Experience in contract management process including procurement, completion and tracking of all documents
- Experience in financial analysis and budget management
- Experience in use and analysis of accounting software and applications
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain relationships with many and maintain a high level of communication skills and the ability to work well with many people.
60% of Time the Athletics Contract Management Director must:
- Oversee and execute the department’s contract management system. Including develop, implement, and monitor contract routing, execution and archiving processes; and maintain integration and communication with department, vendor and campus personnel.
- Manage, coordinate and assist in the negotiation of third party agreements on and off-campus as assigned. Work with staff for implementation of all contracts.
- Oversee and monitor accuracy of trade-out transactions.
- Execute the business terms of departmental contracts and agreements.
- Cultivate relationships with department, vendors and campus personnel, including integration and communication of all areas relating to the agreements.
- Manage, coordinate and assist in negotiation of trade/sponsor/ vendor agreements as assigned.
- Review, adjust, and approve contract business terms in the best interest of the department and university.
- Develop, implement, monitor and communicate policies and procedures, internal controls and operational efficiencies in the business operations area to help achieve the overall goals of the department.
- Manage various special projects, reports, and initiatives that involve the department’s business affairs and operation functions.
- Manage independent contractor database to ensure accounts payable procedures are followed, while working with General Counsel to modify contracts accordingly. Coordinate and prepare documents required for independent contractor payments.
- Oversee departments inventory control systems for capital assets and equipment rooms.
- Serve as primary contact for athletic department side of campus food service agreement.
- Oversee capital project financial management. Monitor progress of projects, use of funds as budgeted.
- Oversee business office approval functions of institutional camps and clinics, including branding and website placement.
35% of Time the Athletics Contract Management Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Contract Management Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.