Job Standard for Athletics Development Specialist, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletics Development Specialist, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 73516
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
The Assistant Director, Ticket Sales & Service is responsible for raising financial support for Boise State University external teams by assisting in the solicitation of new season ticket, partial plans, and group tickets for all ticketed sports by making outbound sales calls, arranging client meetings, and selling at various events. This position is also responsible for providing first class customer service and strengthening relationships with existing customers.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking skills and ability to handle sensitive situations
- Ability to take ownership and personal accountability
- Demonstrative oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible schedule, to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
60% of Time the Athletics Development Specialist, Associate must:
- Identify and cultivate annual donors to increase support and gain new membership for the Bronco Athletic Association.
- Collaborate to support development efforts through ticket sales and annual giving.
- Build and consistently grow a pipeline of prospects through creative touchpoints that foster relationships and trust with potential partners to become donors to the department and university.
- Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly, and annual external metrics for the department. .
- Sell a full menu for all Boise State Athletics ticketed sports including; season ticket, mini-plans, group, and individual game tickets to include: Football, Men’s Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Women’s Basketball, Gymnastics, and Softball.
- Build relationships with current fans and prospects to determine the best ticket plan for the customer needs.
- Demonstrate a tenacity and determination to achieve new business sales targets in traditional, creative and innovative ways
35% of Time the Athletics Development Specialist, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Development Specialist, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel locally is required
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.