Job Standard for Athletics HRS, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Athletics HRS, Senior Manager Overview
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75463
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position oversees all human resource and personnel functions for the Athletic Department. Ensures compliance with federal and University laws, policies and procedures. Oversees the student insurance program as well as the graduate assistant program.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience, including 1 year of managerial experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules – This position shall have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Human Resources – Experience and knowledge of human resource policies and procedures and hiring practices.
- Workforce Analysis – Ability to conduct organizational analysis and workforce analysis.
- Insurance Processing – Experience and knowledge of insurance practices and procedures.
- University Community – This position is expected to have the ability to work closely with all constituents involved in a university community
- HIPAA Policies – Knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Confidentiality – Proven experience in confidentiality matters.
- Dependability – Proven dependability in meeting goals in a timely, accurate manner.
- Communication Skills – This position is expected to have a high level of communication skills and can work well under pressure with diverse staff.
60 % of Time Athletics HRS, Senior Manager will:
- Oversee all human resource and personnel functions for the Athletic Department.
- Create and oversee, in conjunction with campus, a department onboarding program.
- Coordinate annual Title IX and sexual harassment training with coaches and staff.
- Assist Deputy AD/SWA with Title IX/Gender Equity Plan, Affirmative Action/Employee Relations/General Counsel issues.
- Manage all aspects of coaches’ addenda and contracts with the President’s Office, General Counsel and Budget Office.
- Oversee the completion of annual employee evaluations.
- Oversee Graduate Assistant program.
- Oversee and manage staff including hiring, discipline, coaching and evaluation
- Create and oversee department supervisor and leadership training program. and the department’s courtesy car program.
- Serve as secondary contact in Title IX cases with the Office of Institutional Compliance in the absence of the Deputy AD.
- Assist with student-athlete welfare matters. Assist with the Student Conduct Program.
- Maintain responsibilities as direct administration contact for athletic insurance
- Represent the department in various campus groups and committees.
35% of Time Athletics HRS, Senior Manager:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Athletics HRS, Senior Manager:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Not applicable for Athletics HRS, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.