Job Standard for Athletics Marketing/Promotions, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Athletics Marketing/Promotions, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75178
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: General Communications
This position is responsible for the administration and implementation of the marketing and promotion program for the Department of Athletics.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5 years experience including 1 year of managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules – This position shall have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Communication Skills – This position is expected to have the ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate communities, maintain a high level of communication skills and the ability to work well with many people.
- Computer Skills – This position is expected to have computer literacy.
- Supervision Skills – This position is expected to have the ability to organize and motivate staff
- University Community – This position is expected to have the ability to work closely with all constituents involved in a university community
- Marketing Skills – This position is expected to have knowledge and marketing experience. They need to have the ability to identify marketing avenues that will benefit the athletic department in the promotion of all sports. Have familiarity with intercollegiate athletic framework. This position must also have the ability to build and present marketing plans and proposals.
60% of Time the Athletics Marketing/Promotions, Senior Manager must:
- Oversee the marketing efforts for season and individual ticket sales and campaigns for all intercollegiate sports.
- Work directly with the Athletic Ticket Office to implement a ticket campaign. Additional emphasis on ticket sales and revenue generation with sales team and creation of marketing street team
- Responsible for branding strategies that align with our strategic plan.
- Work closely with Bronco Sports Marketing Staff and Learfield Staff to coordinate all corporate partner benefits.
- Manage in-game promotions for all intercollegiate sports.
- Work closely with Bronco Sports Properties on all manufacturing of schedule cards, posters, billboards, and major visibility items, banners, PA’s and reader boards, Internet ticket sales and customized promotions
- Oversee and supervise all marketing, promotions and creative services staff.
- Work with department heads, members of the Executive Team, Head Coaches, and SID’s to help promote Boise State University Athletics
- Assist Bronco Sports Properties with sponsor agreements as to product, logos, signage and correct amount of procedure with constant follow up.
- Work closely with trademark licensing director and CLC licensing agreement
35% of Time the Athletics Marketing/Promotions, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Marketing/Promotions, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Athletics Media Relations, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.