Job Standard for Auditor, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Auditor, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75186
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Audit
To conduct operational and compliance audits and analyzing issues, making well-reasoned recommendations, and solving problems. Documents, evaluates and analyses internal controls for a department or unit.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience or relevant professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to perform a wide variety of audits
- Ability to document and complete work
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations in a professional manner
- General to broad knowledge of information systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in public accounting or auditing
60% of Time the Auditor, Senior must:
- Conduct reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over activities
- Prepare project plans based to address business risks identified in the audit plan
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and effectiveness, improve business operations, protect university assets and shareholder value, and maintain compliance with university policies and regulations.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with management, internal audit team members and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and business partnership
- Assists with risk assessments
35% of Time the Auditor, Senior
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Auditor, Senior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Auditor, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.