Job Standard for Auditor
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75183
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Audit
Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Ability to problem solve and defuse tense situations
60% of Time the Auditor must:
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets
- Advise others on financial matters
- Report information to managers or other personnel
- Examine financial records
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
- Supervise auditing of departments and determine scope of investigation required
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions
- Maintain and cultivate a master inventory of University policies, practices and processes
- Improve customer care by initiating improvements to the financial control and auditing process
- Assist Senior Auditors in execution of audit assignments and review activities
35% of Time the Auditor
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Auditor
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Auditor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.