Job Standard for Boise State Radio, Executive Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Boise State Radio, Executive Director Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75150
- Pay Grade: P14
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Executive Director
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Executives
Responsible for leading and overseeing Boise State Public Radio, including determining overall direction, planning, administration, programming, fundraising, technical infrastructure, and external relations activities.
Directs through subordinate Managers multiple large and complex critical programs impacting broad constituencies across major portions of campus. Identifies objectives, manages very significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with an extremely high degree of autonomy. Accountable for formulating and administering policies and programs for major functions. Operational or program results can affect overall campus wide performance and reputation. Directs through subordinate Managers the development of strategic goals and objectives to achieve accountability and stewardship of university resources in a manner consistent with campus and system wide objectives and initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years professional experience including 6 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop successful partnerships within higher education, public broadcasting, government, the technology sector, business, and the region.
- Skills to communicate and implement an organizational vision
- Knowledge of how to lead, manage, and retain excellent, motivated, and harmonious staff
- Understanding and appreciation of new technologies
60 % of Time Boise State Radio, Executive Director will:
- Direct the stations strategic planning efforts and gauge its impact on communities served.
- Establish, implement, and monitor station goals, objectives, policies, and procedures
- Hire, coach, and evaluate staff
- Develop station priorities and work plans and prepare priority objectives for the station and subordinate managers
- Represent the station in professional, legislative, and regulatory capacities, ensuring compliance with all guiding policies
- Adhere to the principles of non-commercial, independent media and the mission-oriented focus of the University and the public media industry
- Guide and oversee the stations development activities, and actively participate in activities and meetings with donors.
35% of Time Boise State Radio, Executive Director:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Boise State Radio, Executive Director:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.