Job Standard for Bronco Shop Store Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Bronco Shop Store Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75482
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Retail/Bookstore
The Bronco Shop Store Manager is responsible for the daily retail operations of the Bronco Shop. This includes all support functions such as customer service, maintenance and cleanliness, replenishment of merchandise, movement of inventory between locations as needed, and ordering of store and operational supplies. The Store Manager supervises and trains student employees and ensures they have the training and resources needed to be successful. The Store Manager is responsible for ensuring that all Department, Division, and University policies are followed at all times.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Successfully merchandise product in a high-volume college book or department store
- Maintain inventory levels for a large selection of retail gift and clothing items
- Hire, train, and supervise students positions across different aspects of the business
- Perform detailed work under pressure
- Summarize and present large amounts of information to groups of people
- Work with other members of Buying and Operational staff to meet goals
- Knowledge in human resource management, store operations, and maintenance of a high level of customer service
- Ability to dependably meet goals in a timely and accurate fashion and work well under periods of pressure
60% of Time the Bronco Shop Store Manager must:
- Hires, trains, and supervises student employees
- Coordinates the selection of merchandise and product assortment with the Buying Staff
- Reviews sales reports and identifies reordering and scheduling needs
- Monitors receiving and transferring of products
- Develops labor budgets for store location
- Assists in developing marketing and promotional plans for the Bronco Shop
- Ensure University policies are being implemented and followed correctly
- Attend and participate in weekly department staff meetings
- Conduct performance reviews of employees
35% of Time the Bronco Shop Store Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Bronco Shop Store Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Bronco Shop Store Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.