Job Standard for Building Facility Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Building Facility Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 06645
- Pay Grade: H
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 2
- Family: Campus Planning & Facilities
- Function: Facilities Operations Services
To plan and coordinate equipment and facility set-up for meetings, conferences, and special events; to supervise the maintenance and security of a state building; perform related work.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Some knowledge of: supervisory practices, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers
Experience: resolving customer service problems; developing written reports; operating and maintaining commercial lighting, audio-visual, and sound equipment, materials and common practices used in facility preparation including custodial work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communication skills
- Ability to assess event set-up needs and requirements
60% of Time the Building Facility Coordinator must:
- Determines equipment and supply needs for scheduled events; inspects room prior to events to ensure proper configurations. Supervises staff to ensure smooth operation of events and resolves questions and concerns. Establishes rapport and maintains communication with facility users to make sure all needs are met. Identifies or anticipates problems and takes corrective action; collects user feedback and evaluates program success and patron satisfaction; recommends methods of improvement. Monitors facility use by individuals; provides leadership and technical assistance to staff and patrons; observes, responds to and reports unusual occurrences; serves as a resource for emergency personnel.
- Sets standards for and monitors employee conduct and building operation; develops and prepares facility use and staffing reports; hires and trains staff; recommends changes in policies and procedures; identifies needs and plans and supervises housekeeping, audio-visual, and program set-up.
35% of Time the Building Facility Coordinator
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Building Facility Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position works special events and is subject to 24-hour call. This work involves lifting and carrying approximately 35 pounds; standing and walking approximately 80% of work time.
Not applicable for Building Facility Coordinator
Facility Scheduling Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.