Job Standard for Building Facility Maintenance Foreman
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Building Facility Maintenance Foreman Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 06624
- Pay Grade: H
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 2
- Family: Campus Planning & Facilities
- Function: Facilities Maintenance
To perform semi-skilled duties in the operations, maintenance, and repair of buildings and grounds areas; oversee contract services; perform related work.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Some knowledge of: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance; heating and cooling system maintenance and repair.
Experience: performing semi-skilled maintenance and repair involving general building related trades work; using and maintaining hand and power tools normally associated with carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical work. Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices.
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair of equipment and systems
60% of Time the Building Facility Maintenance Foreman must:
- Performs general maintenance and repair work on various systems normally found in a medium size commercial building with grounds area; maintains and repairs electrical and plumbing systems and general devices found in plumbing systems; keeps vehicles in safe operating condition and ensures all necessary maintenance is performed. Maintains storage organization and provides for safe and legal storage, use, and disposal of hazardous materials. Responds to emergency repair situations; monitors security systems and follows up on reports made by security service.
- Inspects and evaluates contract services; authorizes payment for services based on inspection reports; coordinates with managers, instructors, and others to provide equipment and materials needed for classroom or meeting requirements; locates and purchases supplies and materials considering least cost and most reliable sources; conducts local and state inspection walk-throughs with inspectors
- May supervise and evaluate the work of temporary, work study, and volunteer help.
35% of Time the Building Facility Maintenance Foreman
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Building Facility Maintenance Foreman
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position involves driving and transporting materials to various job sites, bending, stooping and climbing ladders, and lifting and carrying items weighing approximately 90 pounds.
Not applicable for Building Facility Maintenance Foreman
Building Facility Foreman, Building Superintendent
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.