Job Standard for Business Analyst, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Business Analyst, Associate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code:
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Business Operations
Work alongside personnel in various departments to help them fully utilize all tools provided, such as software and tech-related components and assisting employees in proper reporting procedures, clarifying data outputs, and assisting teams and team leads in using analysis tools to improve productivity.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s degree and or relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience problem solving
- Ability to stay highly organized under pressure
- Proficient customer service skills
- Advanced computer skills
60% of Time the Business Analyst, Associate must:
- Identify user needs from user requests and develop strategies by which to meet those needs. Critically evaluate information from multiple sources and clearly indicate quality of final analysis. Assist senior analysts or analysis teams to collect data, and may help sort and distribute relevant data and perform follow-up tasks to confirm the findings of a senior analysis team.
- Communicate complex data in comprehensible ways. Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs. Analyze and report on complex data to meet customer needs. Assist executives and other business professionals in creating and honing efficient and productive business procedures.
- Work alongside senior business analysts to collect and collate information and sift relevant data for use in reports and directives for senior management.
- May help customer service teams to improve customer satisfaction, and may work with development teams to show how reaching daily and weekly progress benchmarks can increase productivity for other teams.
35% of Time the Business Analyst, Associate
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Business Analyst, Associate
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Business Analyst, Associate
Business Analyst, Data Research Analyst
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.