Job Standard for Business Analyst, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Business Analyst, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75206
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Business Operations
Provide data, reporting and statistical analysis support. Position requires a firm grasp of data collection, statistical analysis, and visualization techniques as well as an understanding of learning theory.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of demonstrated experience in the management and analysis of data.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of business operations and technology
- Demonstrated experience of completing projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently manage and/or lead a team
60% of Time the Business Analyst, Senior must:
- Responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones and following proper escalation paths.
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management and others and managing resources.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identify business needs; determine and carry out necessary processes and practices; monitor progress and results; adapt to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
35% of Time the Business Analyst, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Business Analyst, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Financial Manager, Business Operations Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.