Job Standard for Business Development & Revenue Innovation, Assistant Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Business Development & Revenue Innovation, Assistant Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75869
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
Business Development & Revenue Innovation, Assistant Director is responsible for the development and management of emerging revenue opportunities in the department. leading the team to create and execute impactful, multi-faceted campaigns resulting in a larger and more diverse revenue stream.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 7 years experience, including 3 managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Use consultative skills with an ability to ask guiding questions that lead to best practices for data analysis and actionable follow-through
- Project management skills demonstrating strong conceptual and analytical skills, planning abilities, and sound judgment.
- Prioritize and handle multiple, complex, demanding projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate issues effectively with administrators, boosters, campus and community partners and to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Analyze situations and resources to identify and recommend solutions leading to new methods of revenue generation and fan engagement..
- Work within a team, deal with ambiguity, manage fast-paced change, and to contribute what is needed to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of the emerging revenue generating fields within intercollegiate athletics and the community.
60% of Time the Business Development & Revenue Innovation, Assistant Director must:
- Develop and manage the pursuit and execution of emerging revenue opportunities.
- Increase the value of existing revenue streams through the use of new tools.
- Enhance ROI on existing marketing, advertising and sales strategies.
- Enhance communications and messaging to existing and potential customers
- Research people and businesses to find new opportunities.
- Coordinate the internal and external promotion of newly created developments and partnerships.
- Work closely with all facets of the Department’s external affairs team to create and execute impactful, multi-faceted campaigns geared towards revenue-minded content.
- Work with a strategic communications team to measure and improve share of voice and sentiment in key markets.
- Work with development staff to identify areas of overlap between candidates for philanthropic and business development opportunities.
35% of Time the Business Development & Revenue Innovation, Assistant Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Business Development & Revenue Innovation, Assistant Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
May be required to travel with overnight stay.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.