Job Standard for Business Operations Manager, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Business Operations Manager, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75227
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Business Operations
Works with management team to identify, develop and implement strategic plans to achieve goals, including staffing, operational and financial analysis, reporting and planning.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience in similar work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous team lead or supervisor experience preferred
- Ability to effectively present information
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across management and functions
- Experience analyzing and interpreting complex documents and situations
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles
60% of Time the Business Operations Manager, Senior must:
- Oversees employment and other administrative services. May supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Attends meetings as a member of the management team. Implements actions for improvement and practical solutions as approved by management.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and management in areas of: reporting and analytics, account operations, account technology platforms, special initiatives and process improvements.
- Leads and facilitates communication of best practices, policies, procedures and initiatives. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Manages finance and budget processes and procedures
35% of Time the Business Operations Manager, Senior
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Business Operations Manager, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Business Operations Manager, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and /or skills required. This job description is not an employment agreement and /or an expressed or implied contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.