Job Standard for Business Operations, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Business Operations, Senior Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75828
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Business Operations
Supervises team of administrative professionals for department, college or division. Works with management team to identify, develop and implement strategic plans to achieve goals, including staffing, operational and financial analysis, reporting and planning.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience in similar work, including 1 year of managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience supervising professional staff in addition to knowledge of inclusive and effective recruitment
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and supervising staff
- Ability to effectively present information
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across management and functions
- Experience analyzing and interpreting complex documents and situations
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles
60% of Time the Business Operations, Senior Manager must:
- Supervise staff; assign projects, manage workload, provide training and identify relevant professional development opportunities and conduct annual evaluations and goal setting.
- Oversees employment and other administrative services. May supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Attends meetings as a member of the management team. Implements actions for improvement and practical solutions as approved by management.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and management in the areas of: reporting and analytics, account operations, account technology platforms, special initiatives and process improvements.
- Leads and facilitates communication of best practices, policies, procedures and initiatives. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Manages finance and budget processes and procedures
35% of Time the Business Operations, Senior Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Business Operations, Senior Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Business Operations, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.