Job Standard for Campus Recreation Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Campus Recreation Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75820
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Student Activities & Services
Assist and collaborate in the delivery of Recreation Center Memberships, Customer Service, and Student Training and Development. Provide operational support for the Aquatic Complex, Climbing Gym, Turf Fields, and Intramural Grass Fields.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience developing strong student employee teams and university health and wellness based facilities
- Experience coordinating a large staff
- Experience working with a recreation based software application platform.
- Experience scheduling facility space in a Higher Education setting and working with facility scheduling software
- Experience in event programming or management
60% of Time the Campus Recreation Coordinator must:
- Provide daily, hands-on instruction and development opportunities for student staff through on-going training, coaching, and performance evaluations.
- Assist and support the Membership Services Coordinator in monthly All Staff Meetings between Facility Supervisors, Member Services Attendants, and Facility Attendants.
- Create and monitor the When to Work (W2W) schedule, review employee shift trades, and approve employee time off requests.
- Approve weekly payroll for Facility Supervisors and Facility Attendants and monitor reported time for accuracy.
- Directly oversee the daily management and operations of the Department’s Recreation Management Software.
- Directly responsible for all budgetary decisions related to the Equipment Desk account.
- Review incoming scheduling requests, review for possible scheduling conflicts, and schedule facility spaces according to University policies and guidelines.
- Assist in development, review and revising of Risk Management policies and procedures.
35% of Time the Campus Recreation Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Campus Recreation Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Campus Recreation Program Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.