Job Standard for Career Planning & Placement, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Career Planning & Placement, Senior Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75400
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Career Planning & Placement
Support and help students prepare and compete for experiential learning opportunities, professional employment, and graduate and professional school opportunities by working closely with college faculty and administration to embed career related learning outcomes into the classroom, designing and managing out of classroom career education opportunities, and through coaching/advising students on career exploration, planning, and the job search.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience plus 5 years experience including 1 year managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships across a university campus
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to various stakeholders
- Experience managing large-scale programs
- Ability to drive projects from inception to completion
60% of Time the Career Planning & Placement, Senior Manager must:
- Design, coordinate, and deliver career curriculum to educate all students about career paths; engage them in experiential learning opportunities and career planning; prepare them for their job search; and connect them with potential employers
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with colleagues in order to lead people toward a common vision of supporting student career readiness
- Manage efforts to deliver inclusive career services to students in order to build a culture of career readiness in each college
- Design and lead innovative career programming by applying knowledge of diverse identities, generational traits, student interests, and unique student needs related to career education
- Create and deliver effective workshops, presentations, and programming on career-related topics
35% of Time the Career Planning & Placement, Senior Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Career Planning & Placement, Senior Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Career Planning & Placement, Senior Manager
Career Planning & Placement, Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.