Job Standard for Career Planning & Placement, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Career Planning & Placement, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75336
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Career Planning & Placement
Provide professional development and networking opportunities to introduce students to members of the business community.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience, plus 5 years experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships across a university campus
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Knowledge of student development and career-development theories and practices
- Knowledge of employer recruiting strategies and policies, human resources, job market trends, and occupational, career and employment information sources
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
- Strong communication skills and leadership ability
60% of Time the Career Planning & Placement, Senior must:
- Create graduate survey, gather and disseminate information about placement and salaries of new graduates
- Engage students in their professional development and career exploration early and throughout their career
- Advocate for Boise State University, and Career Services.
- Conduct and track employment status including salary, position title, location and length of employment of recent bachelor degree graduates and assist graduate program staff with tracking employment status of master degree graduates as needed
- Prepare students for the workplace by providing professional development opportunities, including career advice, workshops, and programs
- Plan and direct annual programming including career fairs, guest speakers, mock interviews and class presentations. Invite alumni to get involved on campus
- Participate in orientation for new freshmen, non-traditional and transfer students for the college and academic advising throughout the year
35% of Time the Career Planning & Placement, Senior
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Career Planning & Placement, Senior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Career Planning & Placement, Senior
Career Planning & Placement, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.