Job Standard for Case Manager/Care Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Case Manager/Care Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75010
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Health Services
- Function: Counseling/Psychology
Provides case management and care coordination through collaboration and consultation within an integrated multidisciplinary service delivery model comprising medical and behavioral/mental health providers, as well as with other staff within Health Services, and campus partners and community agencies to ensure effective treatment for clients/patients.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze information and make informed decisions
- Knowledge of the best way to resolve conflict and how to connect with a diverse group of individuals
- Effective communication skills
- Compassionate with teamwork skills
- Good knowledge of: written communication; people management; accurate documentation.
- Experience: researching alternative methods of treatment; in case management; mental health and medical.
- High degree of personal/professional integrity, respect for privacy and confidentiality, and a strong sense of ethics.
- Ability to work and collaborate successfully with persons, programs, organizations and agencies with distinctly varied missions, goals and objectives.
60 % of Time Case Manager/Care Coordinator will:
- Provide direct outreach and case management services; assessing their situations, strengths, assets and barriers to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Evaluate, develop, monitor and evaluate treatment plans and progress
- Serve as liaisons between students, providers, faculty, families, advisors and other university personnel.
- Provides direct crisis intervention and advocacy services to students. Provides consultation to faculty or staff responding to students in crisis.
- Establishes treatment programs by setting schedules and routines, coordinating service providers and arranging resources.
- Improves staff competence by providing educational resources
- Coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client centered.
35% of Time Case Manager/Care Coordinator:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Case Manager/Care Coordinator:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Not applicable for Case Manager/Care Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.