Job Standard for Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) Associate Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
CTL Associate Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75036
- Pay Grade: P12
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Principal
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
Work with the CTL Director to support the activities of the Center and work collaboratively with a variety of campus constituencies to improve and enhance both classroom teaching and student learning and to foster a culture in which effective teaching is valued and rewarded.
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on campus policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the campus; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years relevant professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with faculty roles and responsibilities, as well as the faculty promotion and tenure process
- Knowledge of and expertise in learning theory and teaching pedagogy
- Demonstrated campus leadership, excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
- A record of excellence in teaching
60% of Time the CTL Associate Director must:
- In consultation, plans and supports new and existing CTL programming
- Maintains primary responsibility for development programming for graduate teaching assistants on campus
- Coordinates support for the scholarship of teaching and learning with instructors throughout the university
- Maintains good relations with and confidentiality of clientele. Oversees confidentiality issues of Center clientele.
- Maintains a vision of teaching excellence grounded in educational research and expertise.
- Serves as liaison with other campus units, serving on committees as requested.
- Continually develops expertise as a teacher by teaching each academic year.
35% of Time the CTL Associate Director
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the CTL Associate Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for CTL Associate Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.