Job Standard for Child Care Duty Aid
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Child Care Duty Aid Overview
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 95074
- Pay Grade: D
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 1
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Children’s Center
To supervise playground activities of young children during summer academy programs
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally, works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
Experience, training, and/or education supervising young children
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of child development
- Ability to listen, understand, and clearly communicate information to adults and children
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce positive outcomes for children
- Ability to see details at a distance
60 % of Time Child Care Duty Aid will:
- Maintain a safe play environment
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Communicate with child care staff about playground activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
35% of Time Child Care Duty Aid:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Child Care Duty Aid:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Child Care Provider
Additional training/education or equivalent experience are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.