Job Standard for Child Care Provider
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Child Care Provider Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 07830
- Pay Grade: F
- FLSA Status: Non Exempt
- Career Level: Level 1
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Children’s Center
To provide child care and instruction in a child care center; perform related work.
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
Some knowledge of: normal development of children from six weeks to preschool age; methods used to teach preschool children basic skills.
Experience: reading and understanding written instructions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Applicants will be required to pass an extensive background investigation before being hired into these positions.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand
- Ability to develop, design, or create new applications and ideas
60% of Time the Child Care Provider must:
- Provides input in planning and preparing developmentally- appropriate activities including art, music, and physical activities; implements activity plans; monitors, observes, and interacts with children; cares for the physical needs of children including feeding, diapering, toileting, dressing, and administering medications; supervises field trips.
- Communicates with parents orally and in writing concerning needs, progress, and behavior of children; maintains attendance, meal, and activity records; assures a safe environment; designs bulletin board and other displays; assists with food preparation, service, and cleanup.
- Supervises student assistants; may perform custodial duties.
35% of Time the Child Care Provider
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Child Care Provider
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
These positions involve lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, running, and climbing stairs.
Not applicable for Child Care Provider
Child Care Services Supervisor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.