Job Standard for CID Project Director, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
CID Project Director, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75747
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Responsible for demonstrating the level of success of a select number of initiatives sponsored by College of Innovation and Design.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in running entrepreneurship centers preferred.
- Preferred experience in grant writing
- Preferred industry and higher education experience.
- 5+ years of growing new initiatives and/or businesses.
- 3+ years of grant writing experience.
- Good Project management skills.
- Experience with University processes.
60% of Time the CID Project Director, Senior must:
- Lead multiple projects and initiatives in support of the new College of Innovation and Design.
- S/he will be held accountable for working with both internal and external multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder teams to deliver acceptable results for each given project.
- This position will include exposure to a wide variety of individual stakeholders (faculty, alumni, students, business community, civic leadership) and thus will need to have a track record of demonstrated agility, maturity, and good judgment
- Partnering with/Enabling or academic, research and degree offering stakeholders in their pursuit of new programs in an experimental space.
- Recruitment and Marketing.
- Communication to Deans about degree of success and needs of programs.
- Evaluating new programs for appropriateness for CID
35% of Time the CID Project Director, Senior
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the CID Project Director, Senior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for CID Project Director, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.