Job Standard for Clinical Operations, Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Clinical Operations, Director Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75548
- Pay Grade: P14
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Health Services
- Function: Clinical
The purpose of the position within Health Services is to bring the Medical Services and Counseling Services area together with the goal of improving integration and coordination between units. Strategic Planning initiatives and the constant evolution of healthcare demand a streamlined and positive patient experience in order to remain relevant and competitive in the market.
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to midterm focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience including 5 years managerial experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills at the verbal and written level
- Ability to organize work, delegate, and achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to effectively manage multiple service lines
- Good knowledge of: quality assurance process and best practices in healthcare; different healthcare models and the concept of public health; integrated and coordinated healthcare delivery models.
- Experience: supervising employees in a healthcare setting; in a medical and/or counseling setting
60 % of Time Director of Clinical Operations will:
- Effectively articulate a shared vision, mission, and strategic plan in conjunction with the Directors’ of Business Operations and Wellness.
- Serve as leader and build staff consensus to ensure coordination and integration of care across Medical and Counseling units with a focus on population health.
- Provide oversight and management of all clinical functions, equipment, and vendor relations for the clinic.
- Ensure safe, timely, and appropriate care for all clinicians and patients of UHS.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with campus partners and serve on various committees and task forces across campus.
35% of Time Director of Clinical Operations:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Director of Clinical Operations:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Not applicable for Clinical Operations, Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.