Job Standard for CMEO Teacher 1
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
CMEO Teacher 1 Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75823
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
The purpose is to develop and deliver an effective reading and writing curriculum that will enable HEP students to successfully pass the GED Reading and Writing tests. The teacher is part of an educational team that is responsible for preparing migrant and seasonal farmworkers for the GED tests according to the HEP grant application.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer literacy. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software such as Word and Excel.
- Teaching Certificate – Elementary or Secondary.
- Teaching experience with a diverse population (particularly migrant and seasonal farmworkers).
- Basic computer knowledge
- Relationship building
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
60% of Time the CMEO Teacher 1 must:
- Plan and deliver instructional materials for GED Preparation in all GED subject areas: writing, reading, science, social studies, and mathematics.
- Provide assistance with Spanish grammar and composition for the GED essay.
- Provide math instruction that includes: fractions, percents, geometry and basic algebra.
- Administer and evaluate performance on assessments to identify and address areas of weakness.
- Analyze official practice tests results and classroom performance to determine test readiness.
- Participate as part of an instructional team to develop curriculum and cultural enrichment activities for on and off-campus students.
- Attend regular staff meetings to evaluate student progress and attainment of program objectives.
- Assign and monitor tutorial assistance for Spanish GED students.
35% of Time the CMEO Teacher 1
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the CMEO Teacher 1
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for CMEO Teacher 1
CMEO Teacher 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.