Job Standard for CMEO Teacher 2
View in Google Docs/Download
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
CMEO Teacher 2 Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75824
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
The purpose is to manage and implement activities of a Program to ensure successful achievement of goals and objectives of the project grant.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with individuals of varying educational, income, and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of university processes to effectively navigate enrollment, financial aid and other pertinent processes that students encounter.
- Knowledge of multiple processes involved in graduate school enrollment
- Knowledge of financial aid processes and scholarship opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong computer literacy
60% of Time the CMEO Teacher 2 must:
- Target, interview and select candidates for the program.
- Teach year-round seminars to develop research and scholarly activities that promote a working knowledge of graduate level work as would be expected of a doctoral candidate.
- Aids in the establishment and enhancement of mentor relationships between participants and professors on campus.
- Provide academic and financial aid advising at Boise State, provide graduate program counseling, and help students prepare financial aid packages for graduate enrollment at Boise State or other universities.
- Maintain complete records of all activities, maintain budget related to program activities, plan for effective and successful student travel to conferences and graduate programs, attend regular meetings with director and with all personnel on campus that aid in completing all program objectives.
35% of Time the CMEO Teacher 2
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the CMEO Teacher 2
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for CMEO Teacher 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.