Job Standard for CMEO Teacher, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
CMEO Teacher, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75822
- Pay Grade: P3
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Upward Bound Educational Specialists are integrated into the target school and are in the role of a regular classroom teacher. Each UB Educational Specialist teaches three class periods a day and assists with coordination of program activities including field trips and campus visits.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft software.
- Idaho Teaching Certificate, preferably in Secondary Education (may be a K-8 certificate if the individual has experience working with high school students)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bilingual or multicultural.
- Previous experience working with low income students.
- Background with financial aid, admissions and scholarships.
60% of Time the CMEO Teacher, Associate must:
- Work with the target school personnel, the Assistant Director, and the Project Director to identify, assess and enroll UB students.
- Responsible for recruitment of potential participants and securing appropriate documentation for client eligibility (responsible for ensuring that 2/3rd of clients are both 1st generation and low income).
- Maintain accurate and confidential records for students
- Provide meaningful need-based classroom instruction for the students enrolled in Upward Bound
- Provide ISAT remediation to students who need this service.
- Assist students in completing applications for admissions, scholarships, and financial aid.
- Workshops and career exploration and college visitations and events
- Attend target school staff meetings, meet with parents and establish a line of communication with them about their students, and meet with community leaders as needed.
- Works as an advocate for students
35% of Time the CMEO Teacher, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the CMEO Teacher, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
CMEO Teacher 1
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.