Job Standard for Coach/Trainer
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75102
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Coach
To support through coaching, training, or education of athletes/campus recreation
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education performing related work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation;
- Talk to others to convey information effectively
- Ability to work as a team member
60 % of Time Coach/Trainer will:
- Plan, organize and deliver an appropriate range of sports activities
- Design training activities for individuals and teams
- Teach relevant skills, tactics, and sports techniques
- Assist with sports promotion/development
- Monitor and assess the performance of individuals, or groups to make improvements or take corrective action.
35% of Time Coach/Trainer:
Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Coach/Trainer:
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel may be required
Additional training, education, experience, and above average performance evaluations are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.