Job Standard for Coaching Assistant
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Coaching Assistant Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75290
- Pay Grade: EX
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
To support and assist coaches on-field and off-field including special projects as assigned.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of video cut-up coaching software
- Expectation to attend all practices, team meetings, games and other team functions, as requested and permitted by NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes
60% of Time the Coaching Assistant must:
- Assist Coaching Staff with opponent film breakdown, scouting reports and in-game charting of opponents.
- Make weekly cards, video cut-ups and preparation for the scout team for Graduate Assistant Coaches to implement on field.
- Assist staff with the execution of official and unofficial recruiting visits, with general recruiting needs, such as database management and correspondence.
- Assist coaching staff with other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- May assist Camp Director in camp and clinic preparations, on-field coaching at camps and other community involvement activities to promote Boise State University.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with a wide range of constituents, including student-athletes, prospective student-athletes, interns, athletic administration, donors/supporters, parents, faculty and community members.
- Coordinating responsibilities with graduate assistants, undergraduate students and other coaching staff members, as requested and assigned.
35% of Time the Coaching Assistant
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Coaching Assistant
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Required to work early morning, late evenings and weekends regularly to complete duties of position. Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
This position requires overnight travel with designated team, when necessary.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.