Job Standard for COBE MBA Programs Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
COBE MBA Programs Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75683
- Pay Grade: P14
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
Collaborate in strategy development and in the delivery of our part-time Professional MBA (PMBA), joint JD/MBA, and Online MBA (OMBA) programs. Work with Academic Partnerships, our private partner for the Online MBA program. Explore growth possibilities across a range of opportunities.
Oversees through subordinate Managers a large, complex organization with multiple functional disciplines/occupations, OR manages a program, regardless of size, that has critical impact upon the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches. .
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience including 5 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Project Management skills and knowledge of software, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and web design programs such as WordPress.
- Understanding of MBA Programs
- Excellent customer service skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interview applicants and determine which are high potential and which not
- Ability to select good student assistants, assign them to tasks, make any adjustments that might be required, and track their accomplishments
60% of Time the COBE MBA Programs Director must:
- Work with the directors of the MBA programs, the COBE Associate Dean, faculty and other administrators to plan, develop, and implement both short- and long-range strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for student recruiting including: responding to inquiries and conducting pre-admission interviews.
- Engage the community to help deliver programs and maintain and enhance alumni relations
- Develop and manage the annual budget and marketing plan
- Suggest program and curriculum improvements
- Create events including planning and coordination
- Operate outcomes assessment system
- Process applications
- Manage office staff and personnel
- Act as an advisor and coach for current students and assist with student placement
35% of Time the COBE MBA Programs Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the COBE MBA Programs Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for COBE MBA Programs Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.