Job Standard for COEN Research/Infrastructure, Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
COEN Research/Infrastructure, Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75309
- Pay Grade: P15
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Research Administration
Responsible for oversight of all research activities and grant management in the College of Engineering. Also responsible for the management of Engineering Technical Services, Facilities Management, Education Research, Idaho Microfabrication Laboratory, and Information Technology Services in the College of Engineering.
Oversees through subordinate Managers a large, complex organization with multiple functional disciplines/occupations, OR manages a program, regardless of size, that has critical impact upon the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent management and team building skills
- Effective communication skills with students, staff, faculty and college administration
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
60% of Time the COEN Research/Infrastructure, Director must:
- Support grant management functions including facilitation of services provided by organizations supporting grant management in COEN
- Identify resource requirements for these groups, including allocation of the available budget resources
- Assist the Dean as needed in promoting and offering the programs of the COEN
- Develop and implement safety and training program throughout COEN operations
- Identify funding opportunities
- Assist in research center development and preparation of center proposals
- Work with Executive Committee to determine, collect and report appropriate measure of research productivity
- Solicit input from all customers to aid in setting functional priorities and identify emerging opportunities
35% of Time the COEN Research/Infrastructure, Director
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the COEN Research/Infrastructure, Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for COEN Research/Infrastructure, Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.