Job Standard for Creative Services, Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Creative Services, Director Overview
- People Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75365
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Communications and Marketing
- Function: Creative Services
The creative services director will serve as the lead art director and visual storyteller for the university and direct a cross-functional team of creative professionals from design, video and photography. This position will align and drive the enterprise-level creative vision for the university in order to achieve the goals and objectives from the annual communications and marketing plan. This position will work in close alignment with professionals from marketing, strategic communication, web, trademark and licensing, social media, university events, unit leaders from across campus, and vendors to collaborate and produce best-in-class creative assets from conception to completion for projects and campaigns that bring the Boise State brand to life.
Oversees through subordinate Managers a large, complex organization with multiple functional disciplines/occupations, OR manages a program, regardless of size, that has critical impact upon the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate Managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8 years experience including 5 years managerial experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior ability to think strategically and creatively and stay abreast of the latest marketing and creative trends; to develop, articulate and lead the implementation of long and short-term plans to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to set and meet long term project deadlines while adapting to immediate demands.
- Experience leading, directing and motivating team members, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- High-level of collaboration, communication and teamwork.
60 % of Time Creative Services, Director will:
- Manage workflow, priorities and multiple projects and campaigns at once.
- Directly oversee a team of cross-functional creative professionals for graphic design, photography and video.
- Create, lead and oversee strategies for Creative Services.
- Support brand positioning and strategy to elevate visibility and awareness of university.
- Lead the artistic development of marketing campaigns.
- Produce and direct visual content for print, digital and other mediums,
- Leads the creative process and oversees the work of the team performing quality control proofing and, revising designs until acceptable results are obtained.
- Lead, create and execute innovative, creative concepts for marketing projects and campaigns.
- Manage and art direct every aspect of production in design, photography, video and digital.
- Stay current with the latest industry, style and creative trends.
35% of Time Creative Services, Director:
5% of Time Creative Services, Director:
Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Not applicable for Creative Services, Director
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and /or skills required. This job description is not an employment agreement and /or an expressed or implied contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.