Job Standard for Crowd Management Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Crowd Management Supervisor Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 95048
- Pay Grade: K
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 3
- Family: Performing Arts
- Function: Event Support
To ensure the safety of artists, staff, and patrons by rapidly taking over the management of an event in an emergency situation, yielding a positive outcome
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet the needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Current or retired law enforcement officer with a high level of training in event management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures pertaining to event management
- Ability to assist the Event Team to safeguard artists
- Ability to de-escalate emotionally charged situations
- Ability to take a leadership role in stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
60 % of Time Crowd Management Supervisor will:
- Work in coordination with Event Management staff. Work in coordination enforcing fire lanes
- Provide direction for all staff in assigned areas by continuously communicating necessary changes of events or strategies consistent with Event Management
- Monitor crowd behavior and intervene as necessary (address intoxicated, and negative/unsafe behaviors of patrons or ejections)
- Coordinate any essential actions involving the stage area
- Continuously monitor and secure areas of responsibility during performance
- Continuously monitor and resolve safety issues
- Document any incidents, ejections, or exclusions
35% of Time Crowd Management Supervisor:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Crowd Management Supervisor:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Crowd Management Supervisor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.