Job Standard for CSI&PS, Assistant Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75553
- Pay Grade: P12
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Assistant Director
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
To provide leadership, management, supervision and implementation of multiple initiatives, to encourage and facilitate.. To improve instruction and increase student achievement
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead a project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years experience or equivalent 3 yr Managerial Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and proven success with various proven instructional strategies
- Knowledge of and experience with at-risk youth
- Knowledge of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Work experience in public education
- Experience with leadership and/or administrative duties
- Experience as a professional development trainer and program evaluator
- Experience and knowledge of research-based instructional and coaching strategies
- Experience leading and scaling-up large scale school improvement initiatives
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner
- Knowledge of and proven success with various instructional strategies,
- Knowledge of and proven success with grant management and professional development
- Knowledge of and experience with students with disabilities
- Experience with community and professional organizations
60% of the Time the CSI&PS, Assistant Director
- Work in collaboration to provide professional development, technical assistance and resource documents for improving results for students
- Align regional support centers
- Prepare and provide monthly accountability reporting to demonstrate work projects completed and in progress
- Develop and implement training on curriculum and interventions for students
- Contribute expert knowledge to inform policies and procedures related to best practices for improving outcomes for students
- Support implementation of research-based interventions and strategies.
- Research and create policies and procedures related to best practices for improving outcomes
- Oversee the design and implementation of statewide technical assistance
- Research interventions and strategies, disseminate this information through trainings, presentations, and technical assistance
- Create and research implementation models to determine evidence-based practices and procedures for system implementation and school improvement
- Ensure staff, collaborators, and colleagues are informed about regulations governing research, and organizational policies
- Responsible for completion and technical compliance of proposed scopes of work, fiscal stewardship of all sponsored funds, and fulfillment of administrative requirements of all federally funded projects
- Manage designated staff
35% of the Time the CSI&PS, Assistant Director
Determined by department needs
5% of the Time the CSI&PS, Assistant Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.