Job Standard for CSI&PS, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
CSI&PS, Senior Manager Job Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75441
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
To ensure services are delivered by specialists according to State Department of Education requirements. Provide leadership to districts and schools, provide a coordinated system of technical assistance, information dissemination and observe emerging best practices, transferring these strategies into tools and protocols that can be distributed to multiple projects. A key team member working to improve education in Idaho.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or equivalent 1 yr Managerial Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to train, coach, and support implementation of instructional strategies
- Knowledge of and experience with at-risk youth
- Knowledge of research-based academic and behavioral interventions
- Work experience in public education
- Experience with leadership and/or administrative duties
- Ability to utilize a variety of technology tools and experimented with integration of technology into lesson planning and delivery of instruction
- The ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner
60% of Time the CSI&PS, Senior Manager
- Work in collaboration to provide professional development, technical assistance and resource documents for improving results for students with disabilities.
- Align regional support centers to coordinate with SDE directives
- Prepare and provide monthly accountability reporting to demonstrate work projects completed and in progress
- Develop and implement training on curriculum and interventions for students
- Contribute expert knowledge to inform policies and procedures related to best practices for improving outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Support implementation of research-based interventions and strategies.
- Develop and implement training for new special education directors and teachers across the state.
- Manage designated staff
35% of the Time the CSI&PS, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of the Time the CSI&PS, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.