Job Standard for Custodian Foreman
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Custodian Foreman Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 02006
- Pay Grade: H
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor 1
- Family: Campus Planning & Facilities
- Function: Custodial
To plan and organize custodial services insuring building complexes are clean and orderly; perform related work.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Considerable knowledge of: methods, materials, and equipment used in heavy-duty custodial work; custodial safety practices; cleaning agents and related products and their possible reactions.
Good knowledge of: supervisory practices; sanitation and infection control; training methods used in custodial work.
Experience: using small hand tools; operating and maintaining industrial-type cleaning equipment; preparing records and reports.
Physical ability to: climb ladders, bend, stoop, lift and carry items weighing up to approximately 60 pounds and to stand and walk continuously throughout the shift.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
- Ability to monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
- Ability to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
60% of Time the Custodian Foreman must:
- Interviews and hires staff and evaluate performance; establishes work priorities, organizes work schedules, and determines duty assignment; determines custodial care plans for work areas; monitors work habits of staff to insure work quality and productivity; implements quality assurance programs; trains staff on proper care and use of custodial equipment.
- Schedules and coordinates building cleaning and custodial equipment lubrication and maintenance; orders supply; replenishes stocks; fills requisitions for cleaning supplies; performs light- and heavy-duty cleaning duties when staff coverage is inadequate; maintains records and reports; assists in the development of policies and procedures; tests and evaluates new products for usefulness.
35% of Time the Custodian Foreman
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Custodian Foreman
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to climb ladders, bend, stoop, lift and carry items weighing up to approximately 60 pounds and to stand and walk continuously throughout the shift.
Not applicable for Custodian Foreman
Facility and Maintenance positions
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.