Job Standard for Customer Service & System Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Extended Studies Unit Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75033
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
The Customer Service & System Senior Manager, will provide the technical expertise in systems administration, schedule maintenance, admission, and registration for Academic and non-credit programs.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience including 1 managerial.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated professional experience in a complex organization, including establishing efficient processes, meeting critical deadlines, and being an effective leader.
- Experience working in a higher education organization.
- Experience with college or university information systems.
60% of Time the Customer Service & System Senior Manager must:
- Coordinate, manage, and participate in the activities of the division’s customer services
- Manage Extended Studies systems and processes.
- Maintain queries and reports in the PeopleSoft, DualEnroll, and ACEware systems to support the operations, planning and mission of the Division of Extended Studies.
- Perform data validation to ensure data quality, 100% accuracy, and improve overall perception and customer confidence in the work performed.
- Become an area/process expert and remain current on all admission and enrollment processes. Identify process improvements that add value to the Division and ensure that Boise State’s practices are current.
- Remain flexible, collaborative, and responsive while working closely with the Extended Studies directors, associate directors, and personnel to manage and provide customer service support for established programs.
35% of Time the Customer Service & System Senior Manage
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Customer Service & System Senior Manage
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.