Job Standard for Customer Service Rep 2
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Customer Service Rep 2 Overview
- Person Group: Classified
- Job Code: 01120
- Pay Grade: H
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 2
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Administrative Support
To conduct in-depth interviews and use specialized knowledge to provide complicated technical information and services to customers; perform related work.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet the needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Some knowledge of: interviewing methods.
Experience: interpreting, explaining, and applying regulations, laws or complex policies to carry out assignments; accessing data using a computerized system; independently handling complaints and upset individuals in a business setting; conducting sensitive fact-finding interviews.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate word processing skills.
- Intermediate database skills to include create, format, edit, sort, filter, print and store data in pre-designed tables, customize tables, import and export data to tables, create forms and simple reports, set relationships between tables, convert, transfer or import data, design and create complex queries and reports.
- Knowledge of manipulating database software to store retrieve and compile information in a report format; using spreadsheet software; working in a health care environment; working in a call center environment; fluency in speaking, reading, writing Spanish and English and/or working with multiple electronic devices, systems, and data records.
60% of Time the Customer Service Rep 2 must:
- Approximately 60% of their time working directly with external customers. Requires authority, knowledge, and judgment to answer more complicated requests where there are no clear procedural responses. Requirement to conduct in-depth interviews to elicit and record sensitive information; research and analyze information to make decisions and resolve complicated issues.
- Incumbents determine customers’ requests and needs and provide specialized information about agency programs and services. Research and interpret laws and technical information, and resolve complex, varied and sometimes controversial and/or volatile issues; prepare clear and concise responses for customers. Research information beyond existing procedures for many solutions and answers to questions. A high degree of human relation skills is required to persuade or influence others’ behavior.
- Identify customer service problems, make recommendations, and plan and coordinate program and communication changes. Incumbents may supervise staff or have leadwork responsibilities.
- Perform a variety of office support functions, may include answering phones, screening and channeling calls, and taking messages; scheduling; composing and signing routine correspondence; receiving money; maintaining record keeping systems by adding or deleting; compiling data and preparing reports.
35% of Time the Customer Service Rep 2
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Customer Service Rep 2
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
These positions may involve dealing with hostile and irate individuals; and require sufficient speech and hearing acuity to perform customer service work.
Not applicable for Customer Service Rep 2
Office Services Supervisor 1, Administrative Assistant 1 or 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.