Job Standard for Cyberdome Lead
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Cyberdome Lead Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75691
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Cloud Infrastructure Services
The Cyberdome Lead will be the key platform engineer and architect to ensure core technologies are kept up to date and appropriately serve client needs. This role will also provide analyst / threat hunting mentoring and skill development with the undergraduate workers. Finally, the Cyberdome Lead, alongside the Cyberdome Manager, will act as coordinators of research requests of the Co-PIs and graduate assistants.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of experience with integrating computer / cybersecurity platforms and 3 years of experience in complex computational environments, or equivalent. BS or MS in technology field, with at least one cybersecurity industry certification (e.g. Sec+, SANS GIAC, SSCP, etc) or technical cybersecurity certification (e.g. Cisco, Palo Alto, etc).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in complex technology or public cloud environments.
- Experience with developing and optimizing applications on cloud/Linux-based systems.
- Good understanding of public cloud architectures.
- Experience working with end-customers to ensure timeliness of deliverables are provided efficiently and effectively.
- Experience in providing support for cybersecurity platforms and outcomes.
- Highly Proficient in scripting languages (shell scripts and/or PowerShell) and regular expressions
- Highly Proficient in integrating open source cybersecurity technology platforms
- Experience in understanding threat vectors and pragmatic methods of reducing risk
- Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) technology platforms, such as ElasticISIEM or others
- Experience with vulnerability management platforms, host / network intrusion detection
- Experience mentoring teams to accomplish established goals.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining metrics and SLAs.
- Experience working with customers in a service environment.
60% of Time the Cyberdome Lead must:
- Establish platform metrics and KPIs to drive quality, and efficiency.
- Manage engineering staff, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain an educational and research environment where the knowledge and performance of the group is constantly advancing.
- Perform staff appraisals.
- Develop and mentor staff, ensuring training and development opportunities are maximized.
- Build and maintain employee morale and motivation.
- Oversees the platform engineering / operations of the Cyberdome environment, ensuring the platform is operating optimally and internal / external clients are receiving maximal quality of service.
- Creates issue reports for platform performance.
- Assists with creation of report packages for internal/external clients.
- Provides mentoring to student engineers to improve on Cyberdome efficiency, and readiness response.
- Develops and delivers technology and process improvements for the Cyberdome in order to maintain operational readiness for incident response.
35% of Time the Cyberdome Lead
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Cyberdome Lead
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.