Job Standard for Cyberdome Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Cyberdome Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75688
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Cloud Infrastructure Services
The Cyberdome Manager will provide overall staff management and mentoring of the hired undergraduate workers. The manager will also coordinate with Co-PIs and graduate assistants on research needs. Finally, the manager will act as coordinators of research requests of the Co-PIs and graduate assistants.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in computer operational management and complex computational environments, or equivalent. BS or MS in technology or technology management field, with at least one cybersecurity industry certification (e.g. Sec+, SANS GIAC, SSCP, etc) or technical cybersecurity certification (e.g. Cisco, Palo Alto, etc).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in complex technology or public cloud environments.
- Experience with developing and optimizing applications on cloud/Linux-based systems.
- Good understanding of public cloud architectures.
- Experience in project management for operational systems (people, hardware, software and processes).
- Experience working with end-customers to ensure timeliness of deliverables are provided efficiently and effectively.
- Experience in the preparation of training material and offering of training courses.
- Experience in organizing and coordinating small teams in service models (e.g., helpdesk environments).
- Experience in providing support for cybersecurity platforms and outcomes.
- Proficient in scripting languages (shell scripts and/or PowerShell) and regular expressions
- Experience in understanding threat vectors and pragmatic methods of reducing risk
- Experience leading teams to accomplish established goals.
- Solid people skills.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining metrics and SLAs.
- Experience working with customers in a service environment.
60% of Time the Cyberdome Manager must:
- Establish operational metrics and KPIs to drive quality, and efficiency.
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain an educational and research environment where the knowledge and performance of the group is constantly advancing.
- Perform staff appraisals.
- Develop and mentor staff, ensuring training and development opportunities are maximized.
- Build and maintain employee morale and motivation.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Cyberdome environment, ensuring the student and staff team is aware of the daily activities/schedule and service level agreements.
- Address scheduling concerns/gaps, approves reporting, briefs leadership and clients on incidents.
- Reviews issue reports for platform performance.
- Compiles report packages for internal/external clients.
- Provides mentoring to student workers to improve on Cyberdome efficiency, and readiness response.
- Leads client incident response coordination.
35% of Time the Cyberdome Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Cyberdome Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.