Job Standard for Data Analyst
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click ‘download to Word’
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Data Analyst Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75592
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Data Analytics
To provide meaningful workforce analytics to support data-driven decisions across departments. Develops and executes business strategy through better understanding, planning and engagement. Presents workforce data to advise organization leaders and plays an integral part in guiding department work plans based on key metrics and analysis.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to take initiative without established guidelines and procedures using independent judgment.
- Ability to independently research problem areas, facilitate meetings and decision-making processes
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Demonstrative experience with presentation and data gathering software
- Experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision making and outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of Excel analytics; statistical analysis, survey tools, and research techniques.
60% of Time the Data Analyst must:
- Prepare and present statistical and narrative reports with an emphasis placed on detail and accuracy.
- Dissects and summarizes information with visually compelling charts and graphs to achieve understanding at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively presents and articulates findings to key stakeholders digitally, in person, and in written forms.
- Publishes standard and complex ad-hoc reports with varying detail for different audiences.
- Responsible for responding to and providing data for internal and external surveys
- Work in a team environment to achieve organizational goals
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
35% of Time the Data Analyst
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Data Analyst
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General Office – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Not applicable for Data Analyst
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.