Job Standard for Data Research Analyst, Intermediate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Data Research Analyst, Intermediate Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75896
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Data Analytics
Compiles and organizes data to derive meaningful insights. Organizes tasks, documents activities and information, assists with projects. Assists in guiding department work plans based on key metrics and analysis.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 2 years experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to stay highly organized under pressure
- Good knowledge of fundamentals of reporting and analyses. Ability to independently research problem areas
- Ability to ensure validity, reliability, consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of all work completed
- Experience developing data models and programming in languages
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Experience with presentation and data gathering software
- Understanding of applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision making and outcomes
60% of Time the Data Research Analyst, Intermediate must:
- Prepares deliverables for use in planning and reporting, using appropriate tools.
- Communicates clearly and regularly, follows up on inquiries and requests.
- Learns and adapts new technical/procedural knowledge/skills to keep up to date on professional skills and office needs.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Contributes to the development of analytical reports to answer business questions.
- Conducts needs assessments and research.
- Develops productive working relationships with a team and broadly with diverse groups of people.
- Publishes standard and complex ad-hoc reports with varying detail for different audiences.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Works as needed, with functional area data stewards to align or improve processes
- Engage in Data Quality, documentation, and process improvement.
35% of Time the Data Research Analyst, Intermediate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Data Research Analyst, Intermediate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position is generally in a normal indoor office setting with minimal noise levels and may involve bending, moving, lifting, and carrying materials that weigh up to15 pounds.
Not applicable for Data Research Analyst, Intermediate
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.