Job Standard for Data Research Analyst
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Data Research Analyst Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75810
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Data Analytics
Compiles and organizes data to derive meaningful insights. Organizes tasks, documents activities and information, assists with projects. Assists in guiding department work plans based on key metrics and analysis.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree and professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to stay highly organized under pressure
- Knowledge of fundamentals of reporting and analyses. Ability to independently research problem areas
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Experience with presentation and data gathering software
- Understanding of applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision making and outcomes
60% of Time the Data Research Analyst must:
- Prepares deliverables for use in planning and reporting, using appropriate tools.
- Communicates clearly and regularly, follows up on inquiries and requests.
- Learns and adapts new technical/procedural knowledge/skills to keep up to date on professional skills and office needs.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Contributes to the development of analytical reports to answer business questions.
- Conducts needs assessments and research.
- Develops productive working relationships with a team and broadly with diverse groups of people.
- Publishes standard and complex ad-hoc reports with varying detail for different audiences.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
35% of Time the Data Research Analyst
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Data Research Analyst
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position is generally in a normal indoor office setting with minimal noise levels and may involve bending, moving, lifting, and carrying materials that weigh up to15 pounds.
Not applicable for Data Research Analyst
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.