Job Standard for Developer/Analyst, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Developer/Analyst, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75257
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Information Technology
- Function: Applications Development
Provide operational and financial information to the University community. Provide expert technical support and advanced troubleshooting for related systems’ functionality, reporting requirements and security.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience or equivalent professional experience. Prefer degree concentration in: Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in designing and implementing solutions; knowledge and understanding of relational database systems and SQL tools.
- Requires knowledge/operation of ERP systems
- Prefer knowledge of and/or experience in the following software applications: XML Publisher, Snagit and Nolij or other document management/imaging.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills, with professional demeanor and strong personal ethics.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to take ownership and complete assigned tasks.
- Detail oriented, with excellent problem-solving skills and with the ability to anticipate and provide solutions that result in gained efficiencies in business processes and improved customer service.
- Prefer experience in a higher education or government organization working with ERP systems.
- Prefer knowledge of change management methodologies.
60% of Time the Developer/Analyst, Senior must:
- Provide advanced expertise for technical support. Ensure integrity of data integration between various systems modules. Provide training, mentoring and cross training opportunities for Management Systems Coordinators (MSC).
- Research and recommend new functionality for reporting tools by exploring the system-wide impacts, working with functional users to define current and future state business processes, provide technical expertise during fit/gap analysis.
- Development of thorough testing plans for a variety of testing purposes including application testing for patch sets, software patch sets, service packs and unit/integration testing, application upgrades and implementation of new functionality. Coordinate with end users.
- Understand reporting needs on campus and identify the tools available for delivering that information. Perform analysis, expertise and recommendations regarding the use of available reporting tools.
- Provide input for business process modeling/mapping, methodology development and data remodeling as it relates to reporting.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining reference materials for available reporting tools.
- Provide project management for implementation of new functionality and for process improvement projects on which you are the lead including develop project plan, comprising projected tasks, assignments, due dates, dependencies, accomplishments and anticipated needs.
- Coordinate communication regarding scheduled and unanticipated system outages with peer departments including OIT, Budget, HR & OSP in order to provide complete and relevant information. Coordinate with end users regarding application testing of patch sets. Coordinate with OIT Security.
- Act as data steward for access to systems to campus wide end users including Boise State University employees, student employees and external affiliates. Assess requests for access to the system; evaluate and assign security roles and permission lists. Act as point of contact for annual external Information Technology audit.
- May provide supervision of other analyst positions
35% of Time the Developer/Analyst, Senior
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Developer/Analyst, Senior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. General office work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
May be required to travel with overnight stays for training.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.