Job Standard for Development Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Development Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75918
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
This position implements and coordinates donor relations, engagement, and stewardship strategies; alumni relations initiatives and events; and provides development support that includes research, logistics, technical support, and communications. The coordinator will cultivate and maintain good working relationships within the colleges, alumni relations, donor relations, athletics, and with other university partners to create strong support for and extend Boise State University’s philanthropic mission.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees..
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage prospects from identification through the cultivation process, including stewarding donors following their gifts
- Develop lasting relationships with prospective/current donors
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve while also collaborative with a team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of event planning
- Strong time management and organizational skills with with a attention to details
- Work well under pressure and keep a positive attitude and sound judgment
60% of Time the Development Coordinator must:
- Coordinates the donor relations stewardship and recognition plans
- Organizes and coordinates the activities of volunteers and committees/boards engaged in fundraising activities, as appropriate
- Manage event planning logistics for alumni and/or donor events
- Coordination of member benefits and fulfillment includes, maintaining communication with internal and external groups
- Develops, implements, and executes a donor relations stewardship and recognition plan
- Responsible for coordination of gifts and recognition items for donors
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
- Make recommendations and implement social media best practices.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage, coordinate, and deliver on concepts and information to effectively maximize the university’s brand.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects
35% of Time the Development Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Development Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Some travel with overnight stay for Development Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.