Job Standard for Development Relations, Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Development Relations, Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code:75434
- Pay Grade: P12
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Principal
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
Development duties include raising private funding for Boise State University. External Relations duties include elevating the visibility and significance of the colleges both regionally and nationally to provide measurable outcomes.
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on campus policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the campus; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to articulate and meet goals and objectives
- Proven ability to work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently. A passion for service excellence, integrity, and strong work ethic
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, relationship building, creative problem solving skills
- Resourceful and self motivated
60% of Time Development Relations, Director
- Prepare and implement strategies to attain the college’s major gifts and/or campaign development program goals. Build relationships with alumni and friends to match needs with interests of prospective donors.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to promote and enhance the visibility for the college and university
- Develop regional, national and international internship opportunities
- Maintain a portfolio of major and principal gift prospects and donors. Be responsible for raising gifts at a minimum of $25,000 either through pledges, outright gifts, or deferred gifts.
- Work with Advancement colleagues and campus units in prospect identification, cultivation, solicitations and stewardship activities, as well as Advancement Communications to highlight alumni and donor successes and college priorities.
- Represent the office within the college to solicit ideas, generate leads, explain process and communicate areas that faculty could play a strategic role in furthering the mission of the college.
35% of Time Development Relations, Director
5% of Time the Development Relations, Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel required
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.