Job Standard for Development Specialist, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Development Specialist, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75436
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
This position serves in raising financial support for Boise State University development teams. Manage day-to-day parking and seating requests, upgrades and fulfillment, assist with annual giving programs to increase funding.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Experience with planning and organizing
- Ability to take ownership and personal accountability
- Demonstrative oral communication skills
60% of Time the Development Specialist, Associate
- Collaborate to support enhancement fund development efforts, including creating marketing materials, event date selection and donor point of contact.
- Assist with annual giving renewals, correspondence, benefits and solicitations.
- Assist with website maintenance and updates
- Day to day operations of tracking requests.
35% of Time the Development Specialist, Associate
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Development Specialist, Associate
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
May travel locally to event locations or overnight
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.